To send out any content (e.g: an email), you can use Quick Send, or attach it to a campaign.
To create a campaign, start by navigating to the Campaigns menu.
- Click the Create Campaign button. *
- Give your campaign a name - it's just an internal reference, nothing your contacts will see.
- Click Continue to be taken through to the campaign builder.
* Not all users are able to create new campaigns. If this is the case the Create Campaign button will be greyed out. Contact your admin or ActivePipe support to discuss further.
In the campaign builder
For some users, the campaign will be pre-built, showing the Choose recipients*, Date & Time, and Send Email modules.
For those who can build campaigns, this is also a good example of a basic campaign.
If you just see the Choose recipients module*, and have the option to Add Modules, add the Scheduler of Date/Time, and Action of Send Email.
* Admins will additionally see Users, as you will first need to decide who you are sending on behalf of, before choosing their recipients.
Choose recipients: (1) Who do you want to send your content to?
- You can choose to send to all contacts by clicking the Send to ALL Contacts toggle to ON;
- Or you can choose to target particular tags, audiences or contacts by:
- Typing in a tag, contact or audience name in the search bar and selecting from the dropdown matches;
- OR click the Browse button to view all tags and audiences available. Tick or untick boxes to create your custom recipient list.
Date & Time: (2) When would you like to send your content?
- Tick Schedule Immediately if you’d like it to go out as soon as you Save & Activate;
- Or tick Schedule for a specific date and time and make your selections with the date and time drop-downs.
Send Email: (3) Which email would you like to attach to this campaign?
- Choose a previously built email from the drop-down selections;
- Or create a new email by choosing Select Email and then click Create. This will take you into the email builder.
Once you’ve made your selections you have two options:
- Click Save: To save this campaign as a draft to return to later;
Or (if everything is complete)
- Click Save & Activate: To schedule this campaign to run at your selected date and time.