When adding SmartFeed articles to your email, you can select for your content to be:
- Static: Manually update your content for each send, or whenever you prefer.
- or Dynamic: Set up the panel once and it will automatically update for each send, based on your settings.
Set a SmartFeed panel to automatically update
Start by adding a SmartFeed panel (either a feature, grid or list), or select an existing one to make it active.
- From the panel editing toolbar, select the auto feed toggle to move it to Dynamic
- If you are using a grid or list panel, select the content icon within any section; or if you're using a Feature panel, select Define Feed.
Within the Define Feed settings, your Feed Type options will differ based on your account set up, i.e.: you may have content provided by your office and/or brand, and if you've previously added any Favourites they will also be grouped here.*
You will always have the option to enter a different feed URL.
Choose from Favourites, Office or Brand Content
If you have the option to choose from Favourites, Office Content or Brand Content:
- From the Feed Type dropdown, select the type you want to choose from.
- Individual feeds from this group will then be listed.
- Select the feed you would like to use.
Use a different feed
If you have no pre-saved feeds, or want to use a feed that isn't from your Favourites, office or brand content:
- From the Feed Type dropdown, select Enter new URL
- Type in your RSS enabled URL in the subsequent text box.*
* Check that your URL is correctly formatted, and includes a domain extension, e.g.: https://www.myblog.com
If no content is available
In the event that there is no content available from your chosen feed at the time it sends, you have the option to:
- Hide Panel: If you have other panels in your email and they are not affected by content in this panel, you can choose to "Hide" this panel and send the email without it.
- Or Don't Send Email: If this is the only, most important, or a necessary part of your email, you can choose to not send the email if there is no content available for this panel.
Select Continue to save your settings.
If you're using a grid or list panel, don't forget to select a feed for each section.
Important points to note when using dynamic SmartFeed content
- The panel will be updated to show the most recent article found from your chosen feed.
- Make sure with grid or list panels to choose different feeds in each section, so that you don't send duplicate content.
- ActivePipe checks your feeds every hour for new or updated content. Keep this timeframe in mind when setting campaign schedules.