When adding SmartFeed articles to your email, you can select for your content to be:
- Static: Manually update your content for each send, or whenever you prefer.
- or Dynamic: Set up the panel once and it will automatically update for each send, based on your settings.
You can also manually select or automate Property and Insight panels.
Set a SmartFeed panel to automatically update
Start by adding a SmartFeed panel, or select an existing one to make it active.
- From the panel editing toolbar, select the auto feed toggle to move it to Dynamic
- Select Define Feed
Within the Define Feed menu, your options may include Favourites, Office Content and/or Brand Content, depending on your account set up.* To choose a feed:
- If you see a list of options, select a feed from your list by clicking the checkbox next to it.
- If you see a dropdown, click on it to select your feed category.
- From the subsequent list, select a feed by clicking the checkbox next to it.
Choose your preference in the case that there is no content available at the time of your send:
- If you have other panels in your email and they are not affected by content in this panel, you can choose to "Hide" this panel and send the email without it.
- Or, if this is the only, most important, or a necessary part of your email, you can choose to "Don't Send Email" if there is no content available for this panel.
Select Continue to save your settings and update the panel.
* Favourites need to be added before switching the panel to Dynamic. Learn how to add Favourites.
Important points to note when using dynamic SmartFeed content
- ActivePipe checks your feeds every hour for new or updated content.
- The panel will be updated to show the most recent content found from your chosen feed. Keep this timeframe in mind when setting campaign schedules.
Please sign in to leave a comment.