When sharing to socials, the second image in your email excluding placeholders will be your preview image.
To share your email to Facebook*, start by navigating to the Emails menu, and either:
- Create a new email.
- Or select an existing email that you would like to share.
- Within the email editor, if you have created a new email, or made any changes, select Save**
- Select Share (1)
- From the dropdown options, choose Social Media (2)
* You can also share your email to LinkedIn, Twitter, or choose the Copy Link option to paste anywhere you like.
** If you try to share your email with unsaved changes, you will see a prompt leading you to save your email first.
Each time you save your email it will create a new, unique link.
The Social Media options will then appear:
It's important to note that as some content will not display when shared*, you can use the See how this email will appear when shared link (3) to preview and confirm that you are happy with how your shared email will look.
- Select the Facebook icon and a new tab will open, navigating to Facebook.
- If you are not already logged into your account, you will be prompted to do so.*
* Whichever Facebook account you log into defines who you will post as/on behalf of, e.g: If you want to post on behalf of your brand or teammate, you will need to log into their Facebook account to do so.
- Once logged into your Facebook account, you will see your post preview, including:
- A thumbnail image - populated by the second image shown in your email, excluding logo's or placeholder (profile) images.
- The URL ACTIVE.SOCIAL - populated by ActivePipe. This cannot be changed as it is your unique email sharing link.
- A title, e.g: "19 Rowley Rd Sutton - Just Listed" - populated by the subject of your email.
- If you would like to change the title of your post, go back to the email editor and adjust your email subject (4), save and select the sharing option again.
- If you would like to use another image* in your post you can go back to the email editor and move your preferred image up or down, so that it is the second image, excluding logos or placeholder images, re-save and share.
* Note: Facebook determines how the image is displayed in your post, ActivePipe does not have control over this. Learn more about image selection and display.
From here, follow your normal process with posting to Facebook, e.g:
- Choose where you would like to share your post, e.g: Share to News Feed or Story; Share in a group; Share in a private message;
- Adjusting your visibility;
- Typing in an accompanying message for your post if preferred.
Once happy with your preview, select to Post to Facebook