There are two ways that you can remove multiple contacts from a Custom tag* at once, either:
- Remove multiple contacts from a Tag within the Tags menu.
- Or remove multiple contacts from a Tag within the Contacts menu.
* Integrated, Intent and Shared tags cannot be removed.
You can also also remove custom tags from individual contacts; Add multiple contacts to a custom tag; or delete custom tags from your account.
Remove multiple contacts from a Tag within the Tags menu
Start by navigating to the Tags menu.
- Locate and select the tag that you would like to remove the contacts from.*
- Within the list of contacts, use the check boxes to select multiple individual contacts, or tick the Select all box.
- From the Bulk Actions, select Remove Contacts from Tag
- Select Confirm to remove the contacts from the tag.
Remove multiple contacts from a Tag within the Contacts menu
Start by navigating to the Contacts menu.
- Select the Contact List tab.
- Use the tick boxes to select contacts, either by:
- Ticking individual contacts;
- Using filters to define a group of contacts;
- Holding down shift + click to select all contacts in a sequential order;
- Selecting all contacts from the current page;
- Selecting all contacts in your account.
- Once the contacts are selected, from the Bulk Actions options, choose Remove tags (1).
- In the subsequent options, start typing in the tag you want to remove. Matching tags will be suggested in a dropdown. Click on the relevant tag to select it.
- Repeat this if you would like to remove multiple tags.
- Select Remove Tags
* If a selected contact does not have the tag, this will not be changed.