Custom Fields in ActivePipe are either a Text or Date type. Date type custom fields can be used to:
- Trigger campaigns based on contact event dates, e.g: Birthdays.
- Filter contacts to create Audiences based on custom field dates, e.g: Group everyone with a Settlement date in August.
- Personalise your email content by using them as placeholders, e.g: "your fixed loan rate is due to expire on [@customfield.id]" where "customfield.id" is the rate expiry date.
There are a couple of ways to add or edit custom fields in your ActivePipe account, depending on how your contacts are managed.
For Users that manage their contacts within ActivePipe
If you manage your contacts within ActivePipe (i.e: they are not integrated with your CRM), you can:
- Create new custom fields, either during a CSV import, or within your account Settings menu.
- You can edit a custom field Name, or Type (e.g: from Text to Date) within your Settings menu.
- You can update the contact data relevant to a custom field, e.g: Specify that for a particular contact the custom field of "Favourite colour" is "Blue", by accessing the edit Contact Profile drawer.
For Users with integrated contacts
If your contacts are integrated in your ActivePipe account you can still create and manage new custom fields within your account Settings menu (as per above).
Additionally you may also have access to custom fields from your CRM, depending on your integration.*
In this case your CRM will remain the source of truth in terms of the custom field Name (e.g: "Anniversary") and individual contact Data (e.g: "25.09.1989") so any updates to this information should be managed within your CRM.
You will however be able to edit the field Type (e.g: Date / Text) if necessary within your ActivePipe account.
* The list of contact integrations currently supporting date type custom fields can be found here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.