There are two ways an Admin can add a new communication category **:
- Through the Settings menu.
- Within the email editor (quick add).
Add a new communication category within the Settings menu
To add a new communication category, start by navigating to the Settings menu (1), and then select the Email sub menu (2). From here:
- Under Communication Categories, select the + Add Category option (3).
- In the newly created box, type in the name and optional description* of the new category.
- Click Save Changes
* If you choose to add a description, this is what will show on your "Manage my Preferences" landing page. If you do not, it will show the category name.
Add a new communication category within the email editor
If you are creating an email and find that none of your current communication categories suit the nature of its content, instead of navigating to your Settings menu you can quickly add a new one whilst still in the email editor. Here's how:
- Within the email editor, select the Add New button, located next to the dropdown of your current communication categories (4).
- Under Create a Category, type in your new category name (you cannot add a description here, but can edit it later).
- Click Save
** Communication categories can be managed by Admins only.
As well as adding them, they can also edit or delete them.