When setting up to send SMS campaigns from your ActivePipe account, you can choose to send from your own number, an alphanumeric sender ID, or you can set up both options.
Sending from your own number
By choosing to send from your own number you promote a more personal connection, and can receive replies from your contacts to your number. You can also see pre-send reporting.
When this option is selected, your messages are sent in batches to give you time to reply to any contact responses.
Sending from an alphanumeric sender ID
An alphanumeric sender ID allows you to send via a 3-11 digit numeric number, e.g 1800NEWTOWN.
This can provide valuable brand visibility, however the number cannot be replied to.
Choosing a sending option
To set up a sending number option, start by navigating to the Settings menu, and then the SMS sub menu. You'll land on the Sending & Receiving tab. From here:
Set up to send from your own number
- Under Use your own Phone Number, type your number within the Enter your Phone Number box (1).
- Click Save.
- A verification code will then be sent to your specified mobile number. Once received, copy this in the Confirmation Code box (2) and click Confirm.
A green tick will then indicate that your number has been verified.
It's important to note that you will not be able to send from your number until it is verified.
Click the Resend confirmation message link (3) if you need the code resent.
Set up to send from an alphanumeric sender ID
- Under Use an Alphanumeric Sender ID, type in the number you wish to use within the Enter your preferred number box (4):
- Alphanumeric sender ID's can be 3-11 characters long.
- Your number needs to include at least one letter.
- When selecting this option, you will also need to acknowledge and confirm that you are legally permitted to use your selected number, by ticking the I acknowledge that I have the right to use this Alphanumeric Sender ID box (5).
- Click Save.
Once you have chosen your sending option/s, click on the Credits tab to add credits to your account.
* SMS is currently only available to a small section of AU mortgage users.