Once SMS has been set up in your account, * you will be able to create and send SMS campaigns.
* SMS is currently only available to a small section of AU mortgage users.
Create a basic SMS campaign
To create a basic SMS campaign, start by navigating to the Campaigns menu.
- Click Create Campaign
- Give your campaign a name and click Continue
- Choose your campaign type, i.e: SMS Campaign *
* If you go straight to the campaign builder without the option to choose SMS, your SMS set up is not complete.
- Within the campaign editor, some users will find the modules are pre-defined, being:
- Choose Recipients *
- Scheduler: Date & Time
- Action: Send Text Message
- Others may only see Choose Recipients, and be able to add modules. In this case, adding the modules above will create a basic, one-off campaign.
Choose your recipients
- Within the Choose Recipients module, you can choose to send to all contacts by clicking the Send to ALL Contacts toggle to ON;
- Or you can choose to target particular tags, audiences or contacts by:
- Typing in a tag, contact or audience name in the search bar and selecting from the dropdown matches;
- OR click the Browse button to view all tags and audiences available. Tick or untick boxes to create your custom recipient list.
Select your Date & Time
- Within the Date & Time module, tick Schedule Immediately if you’d like it to go out as soon as you Save & Activate;
- Or tick Schedule for a specific date and time and make your selections with the date and time drop-downs.
Fill in your text details
Within the Send Text Message module, you can choose to:
- Select a template from the Choose Template dropdown (if any have been added for you);
- Or simply type your message within the Message Text box.
- Choose if you would like to include the opt out link by ticking or unticking the box (1) *
* This link is mandatory for those sending via an alphanumeric number.
You will see the Credit Cost (per contact) (2) based on your message. Longer messages will amount to more than 1 credit per contact.
You will also see the Estimated Total Cost (3) of the send, based on the number of recipients and the number of credits per contact.
- Finally, under Send From, select which number to send this campaign from, if you have more than one set up.
Finalise your campaign
Once you’ve made your selections you have two options:
- Click Save: To save this campaign as a draft to return to later;
Or (if everything is complete)
- Click Save & Activate: To schedule this campaign to run at your selected date and time.*
* You will see a credit reminder at this point, advising that you may not have enough credits, or reminding you to keep your credits topped up for triggered or recurring campaigns.
Create an advanced SMS campaign
Some users can create recurring and/or advanced SMS campaigns, through the use of delays, triggers and conditions.
* Recurring and advanced campaigns are not available to all users. Speak to your admin or the ActivePipe Customer Success team to learn more.
Please sign in to leave a comment.