What are unassigned contacts?
Within the CRM for your office or group, there may be hundreds or even thousands of contacts that do not have an affiliation with a particular agent or broker. In various CRM's they may be described as having no "first point of contact" (FPOC), being "unowned", or as "orphan" contacts.
Why is it important to consider unassigned contacts?
When your ActivePipe account is set up, contacts are distributed to the different user accounts within your office or group, based on their assignment or contact ownership.
However, if a contact is unassigned they will not appear in any User level account. *
This means that if all of your communications are sent from a User level, these contacts will simply not be reached from your ActivePipe account.
With no one nurturing these contacts their needs will be unmet, your brand awareness will be absent, and when the contact is ready to transact, it's highly likely their business will be taken elsewhere.
In short - these are missed opportunities!
How can I communicate with unassigned contacts?
There are two ways to ensure that all contacts within your office or group database are being reached when appropriate, and that you are taking full advantage of the personalised nurture journeys ActivePipe can provide.
- Make sure that every contact in your CRM is assigned to an agent or broker with an ActivePipe user account. *
This is the recommended option as your contacts can receive their emails from an individual, nurturing a personal connection and stronger customer relationship.
- OR, you can reach all unassigned contacts through your Office-Wide account.
The emails will be sent from an office level, which, while obviously not as personal as coming from a single user, is better than not at all in terms of nurturing leads and opportunities.
What happens if contacts are assigned to agents or brokers that do not have an ActivePipe user account?
As contacts are distributed by user within ActivePipe, contacts that are assigned to agents or brokers without an ActivePipe user account will be unassigned in ActivePipe.
How can I find out how many unassigned contacts my office or group has?
You can ascertain how many unassigned contacts you have either:
- Directly through your CRM;
- Or within your ActivePipe Office-Wide account. *
- Navigate to the Office-wide account through the user switcher toggle.
- Then navigate to the Audience menu.
- Within your Current tab, you will see an Unassigned Contacts audience - click on this to see the total number of contacts that are currently unassigned within your office or group.
* Access to this account is usually available to the account Admin, but can be given to other users by request.