If you'd like to send an email to all of your contacts except for a particular group or category, there are two main ways to do so.
Exclude a group using campaign conditions
The most effective way to exclude a particular group of contacts from your campaign is by using the campaign condition of If Tagged. Here's how:
Start by navigating to the Campaigns menu, and create a new campaign.
- Within the Choose Recipients module, choose Send to ALL Contacts.
- Add a new module, and choose Schedulers: Date & Time.
Set your desired start day and time.
- Add another new module, choosing Conditions: If Tagged.
- Within the If Tagged module, change the condition to Does not have tag.
- On the right of the module, start typing in the name of the group you want to exclude, and choose it from the list of dropdown matches.
- Add your last module of Actions: Send Email, and select your email.
This method will exclude any contact that has the selected tag.
Excluding groups using the campaign Choose Recipient module
You can also choose to exclude groups within the Choose Recipients module. *
Within the Recipients module, if Send to ALL Contacts is currently selected, click the toggle to move it to the OFF position. From here:
- Click the Browse button to see all the tags (i.e: categories) and audiences available.
- Under the Tags tab, tick the Select All box.
- Then untick any particular tag that you don't want to target, e.g: Loan Leads.
- Click Apply to save your recipient selection.
To finish, click:
- Update to complete changes to an existing campaign ;
- or Save & Activate to schedule a new campaign (after completing the other modules in your campaign).
* It is important to note when using this method that if a contact has other tags that are selected they will still be targeted in the campaign.
If you would like to exclude a group of contacts from all ActivePipe communications, you can use your Blacklist.