When you are within the ActivePipe email editor, in some areas of your email template you will see dynamic placeholders, rather than static content.
Most commonly this will be used in the areas of your:
- Greeting: Using the Contact - First name placeholder (1).
- Profile image: Using the Senders Photo option (2).
- Signature name: Using the User: First Name, and User: Last Name placeholders (3).
- Contact details: For example using the User: Primary Phone placeholder (4).
|Email editor view|
These are added to automate these details for you, so that you don't have to input them each time, or change them if you update your contact details.
These placeholders will be used in particular when the same email template is being sent out by many users, where an admin can create the one template, and have it personalise to each user it is sent on behalf of.
View a live preview
If you are in the email editor and want to see how your email will look to your recipients, including displaying any dynamic content*, click the Preview button, then choose View Preview (5).
* It is important to note that certain placeholders, for example the Contact - First Name (1) or Contact - Greeting placeholders, will not populate when you view previews, or send previews to your inbox, as these need to connect to your database (i.e: in a live send) to populate each name.
This is also the case with some links in preview mode.
Please sign in to leave a comment.