There are several ways that you can add multiple contacts to a Custom tag at once:
- Add multiple contacts to a Tag within the Tags menu.
- Add multiple contacts to a Tag within the Contacts menu.
- Add multiple contacts to a Tag during a CSV import.
* Integrated, Intent and Shared tags cannot be added.
You can also also add custom tags to individual contacts; remove multiple contacts from a custom tag; and create new custom tags in your account.
Add multiple contacts to a Tag within the Tags menu
Start by navigating to the Tags menu.
- Locate and select the tag that you would like to add contacts to.
- Once within the tag list, select Add Contacts
- Under Add Contacts, within the Search Contacts box, type in the name of a contact that you would like to add (in part or in full), and then select the search icon.
- From the list of dropdown matches, click on a contact to select them.
- Repeat this step to select more contacts.
- Once you have selected all the contacts you would like to add to the tag, select Add to Tag
You will then see your tag list updated to include your newly selected contacts.
Add multiple contacts to a Tag within the Contacts menu
Start by navigating to the Contacts menu. From here:
- Select the Contact List tab.
- Use the tick boxes to make your selection, either by:
- Ticking individual contacts;
- Using filters to define a group of contacts;
- Holding down shift + click to select all contacts in a sequential order;
- Selecting all contacts from the current page;
- Selecting all contacts in your account.
- Once the contacts are selected, from the Bulk Actions options, choose Add tags (1).
- In the subsequent "Add tags..." options, start typing in your tag. Previously used tags that match your text will be suggested in a dropdown. At this point you can either:
- Select a suggested tag from the dropdown;
- OR type in a new tag and press Enter to add it.
- Click Add Tags
* If a selected contact already has the tag, these tags will not be changed.
Add multiple contacts to a tag during a CSV import
If your contacts are managed within ActivePipe through CSV files, you can add multiple contacts to a tag during a CSV import.
Please sign in to leave a comment.