Using the Contact Event Date trigger, you can automatically send an email to your contacts at a selectable time before or after an event.* For example, you can email a contact to celebrate the approaching anniversary of a settlement date, or set up and send highly personalised touch points at defined times after a settlement, to prompt re-engagement.
* You can also send an email on the exact date and anniversary of an event.
Date type custom fields are required to enable the Contact Event Date trigger.
Start by navigating to the Campaigns menu. From here:
- Select Create Campaign
- Give your campaign an appropriate name, then select Continue
Once you are in the campaign builder:
- If you are an Admin, first choose the Users you would like to send on behalf of.
- Within the Choose recipients module, click the Send to ALL contacts toggle to ON.
- Then select Add a new module *
* Adding new modules and The Contact Event Date trigger are not available to all ActivePipe users. Contact the ActivePipe support team to discuss enabling this in your account.
- Choose the trigger of Contact Event Date (1)
- Within the Contact Event Date module, use the Select Event dropdown to choose the contact event you want to trigger by (e.g: Settlement). Any date type custom fields you have in your account will be included here.*
* If you don't have any date type contact events in your account you will not be able to use this trigger.
- Choose the time of day that you would like this email to send, using the Hour, Minute and AM/PM selectors.
- Select the On event dropdown to choose Before or After.
- In the number and period selectors, choose the length of time that you would like to precede or send after the event, e.g: After 6 Months.
- If you would only like to send this email once, leave the schedule selection as Send Once.
- Alternatively, to send and repeat annually thereafter, choose Send and repeat annually.
- Complete your campaign:
- Select Add a new module.
- Choose the Actions: Send Email module.
- Select or create your email.
- Click Save & Activate to set your campaign live.
You can also create a "drip campaign", sending relevant touch points after selected periods of time by adding subsequent Delay and Send Email modules after the initial Send Email module, e.g: Send a "We hope you're enjoying your new home" themed email after 6 months, and a "If your circumstances have changed, we can help" themed email after 3 years.
Please sign in to leave a comment.