The way to add existing contacts to an audience depends on how your contacts are managed in your ActivePipe account:
Integrated contact accounts
If your contacts are integrated with your CRM, adding a new contact into an audience should be managed within your CRM. When ActivePipe performs its next sync (allowing approximately 2-3 hours), the contact will be added to the audience.
If you urgently need to add a contact to a campaign*, you can edit your campaign recipients to add a single contact, in addition to the relevant audience.
Or you can use the method below for CSV users, bearing in mind that this will only update locally, not sync back to your CRM.
* If added in this use case, remember to update your CRM and remove your local amendment for future sends, to ensure your contact data continues to sync correctly.
Contacts managed within ActivePipe
If you manage your contacts within ActivePipe using CSV files, you can add a contact to an audience manually.
Start by navigating to the Audience menu (if you are an admin, toggle to the appropriate user account first).
- Find the audience you wish to add the contact to, and click on it to see its parameters.
- Under Filters you will see how contacts are included in this audience - e.g: There is a filter set of Tags: Include: buyer
- Make note of this tag name, including its spelling and plurality.
If the audience is filtered by other Fields or Preferences, you can edit the audience to add a new tag filter
- Then navigate to the contacts profile to add the same tag.
Once the contact has the tag the audience is filtered by, they will be added to the audience.
You can also add new contacts to existing audiences.