There could be several reasons why the number of recipients you expect to reach - the Total Contacts number shown in the recipients module (1), does not match the number of emails actually sent (2).
The most common reasons for this are:
- The total contacts number in the campaign editor includes those without email addresses;
- There are contacts in your selected audience/s that are on your blacklist. To ensure that this is as up-to-date as possible, blacklisted contacts are only removed at the time of send, so are included in the total audience figure in the campaign builder.
- You have conditions in your campaign that filter your total reach.
- The campaign has a "If Tagged" condition, with a particular tag selected. If contacts do not have this tag, they will not receive the email.
- You have property filters in your email panels that reduce your total reach. For example:
- You have Contact Filter - interaction enabled.
- Or you have Match contact requirements ticked;
When comparing audience numbers in your CRM to audience numbers in ActivePipe, you may also see a discrepancy. This could be because not all the contacts in the audience are assigned to / owned by you
If you have checked all of the above and still feel there are discrepancies between the number of recipients chosen and the number reached, contact the support team to investigate further.