Using the Contact Event Date trigger, you can send an email to your contacts based on a special event, like a birthday, anniversary or property settlement date.*
* Date type custom fields are required to use this trigger.
These can be sent:
- On the occasion and anniversary of an event;
- Or at a specified time before or after an event.
Send on the occasion and anniversary of a contact event
Start by navigating to the Campaigns menu.
- Select Create Campaign
- Give your campaign an appropriate name, then select Continue
Once you are in the campaign builder:
- If you are an Admin, first choose the Users you would like to send on behalf of.
- Within the Choose recipients module, click the Send to ALL contacts toggle to ON.
- Then select Add a new module *
* Adding new modules, and the Contact Event Date trigger are not available to all ActivePipe users. Contact the ActivePipe support team to discuss enabling this in your account.
- Select Contact Event Date (1)
- Within the Contact Event Date module, use the Select Event dropdown to choose the contact event you want to trigger by (e.g: Birthday). Any date type custom fields you have in your account will be included here.*
- Choose the time of day that you would like this email to send, using the Hour, Minute and AM/PM selectors.
- To send the email on the recorded event date, leave the On/Before/After event selector as On.*
- If you would only like to send this email once, leave the schedule selection as Send Once.
- Alternatively, to send the email on the date of the event, and repeat annually thereafter, choose Send and repeat annually.
* You can also schedule the campaign to send at a specified time before or after the contact event.
- Complete your campaign:
- Select Add a new module.
- Choose the Actions: Send Email module.
- Select or create your email.
- Click Save & Activate to set your campaign live.