In a lot of ActivePipe email templates you will see an "introductory panel" that includes dynamic placeholders, which when previewed or sent automatically displays your contact details and profile images. The email can also address each individual contact in your database by name.
If you do not already have this panel in your template, there are a couple of very simple ways to add one:
Duplicate an existing email template
If you haven't started building your email yet, but have another email template in your account that has an intro panel that you like, just duplicate it! Here's how:
- Starting in your Emails menu, locate the email template with the intro panel.
- Click on the more icon to the right, and select Duplicate
- Once in the email builder, change the email name to suit, make any changes to the template like removing unwanted panels or adding others.
- Before leaving the email builder, check that the dynamic content is working the way you would like it to by going to Preview: View Preview*
- Click Save to add this new template to your list.
* Contact: First name placeholders only view correctly in live sends, when they connect to a contact/database.
Add a new panel in an existing email
If you've already started building your email, or have an existing email you'd like to add an intro to:
- Choose your preferred panel - e.g: the Text & Images: 1x1 panel. Drag and drop this into your template.
- Within the active panel, click on the camera icon, and choose Senders Photo to select your profile image.
- In the text area, type in your greeting, e.g: "Hi", "Hello", "Dear"
- Add a space and then click on the Placeholder dropdown:
- Select Contact: First Name* to dynamically add the first name of each contact in your database (the placeholder will be highlighted in blue).
- Add any relevant body text.
- You can then type in your sign off manually, or choose to make it dynamic so that if you change any of your contact details in future, the email template will automatically update. To make it dynamic:
- Type in your farewell, e.g: "Kind Regards,"
- Click on the Placeholder dropdown again and choose User: First Name. Add a space and then select User: Last Name
- Add any other contact details you would like to appear, e.g: Primary Phone or Title, using the User placeholders.
Make sure to check that the dynamic content is working by clicking the Preview: View Preview option.
* MyDesktop users can select Contact: Greeting, which maps to "Letter Greeting" in MyDesktop
Please sign in to leave a comment.