At User level, ActivePipe can give you the ability to share an audience with other users*.
How to share an Audience
Audience sharing can be initiated from two areas - either straight from your audience list; or from within the audience itself:
- Sharing from the Audience list:
- Starting in the Audience menu, locate the audience you would like to share from your list, and click the more icon to the right of it.
- Choose Share
- Sharing from within the Audience you want to share:
- Starting within the Audience, click the Share Audience button.
- Choose Select Users from the dropdown.
From this point forward, both methods are the same:
- Within the pop up, click on a tab to choose who to share your audience with, whether that be individual users, teams** or organisations (offices)*.
- Start typing in the recipient. Select them from the matches in the drop down, and click Add
- Once you have made all of your selections, click Share
** The ability to select Teams is optional. Contact ActivePipe support to discuss enabling this in your account.
The audience will then be shared to the selected recipients. Information shared will include any contact buyer preferences and custom fields, and a tag matching the shared audience will also be added to each contact (however no other tags will sync over). Only subscribed contacts are shared.
If I have already shared an audience, can I update it?
If you update an audience that you have previously shared, it will not automatically update with the users it's been shared to. To sync a previously shared audience:
- Make your changes and click Save Audience
- Click the Share Audience button, and then choose Sync Now from the drop down.
- Check the confirmation message to confirm you are updating to the correct number of users and click OK
You can also see the last time the audience was synced to double check if you want to sync again (1).
It's also important to note that if/when you change who you are sharing with (e.g: add another user to share to) the list will also update for all shared users at this time.
What happens if I remove a contact from a shared audience?
If you remove a contact from a shared audience and then re-sync it, the contact will be removed from the audience in the shared account/s and the audience tag will be removed. The contact will however remain in the recipient account/s, and can still be communicated with there.
* As Admins do not have contacts themselves, the ability to share and/or access shared audiences is only available at User level. Contact the ActivePipe support team to enable audience sharing in your user account.