If a campaign sent from your ActivePipe account returns an out of office auto reply from a contact, ActivePipe will automatically defer any subsequent sends to that contact temporarily (i.e: not send any more emails to them, even if they match campaign audiences). This prevents multiple emails being sent while the contact is away.
The length of the suspension is as follows:
- On the first instance, emails to the contact are deferred for 1 week.
- After one week, if ActivePipe sends the contact an email and receives another out of office auto reply, the subscription is deferred for 2 weeks;
- On the third occurrence it is deferred for 4 weeks;
- On the forth occurrence it is deferred for 8 weeks;
- If 5 deferrals are reached, the contact will be unsubscribed.
The defer policy is enabled by default, but can be switched off by request.
It can also be disabled for singular domains, e.g: just your company domain, to ensure important internal emails are not deferred. Contact email@example.com to assist.