Only an Admin can add or edit a communication category.
Edit an existing communication category
To edit an existing communication category, start by navigating to the Settings menu and then click on the Communication Categories tab. Here you will see a list of all current category names and descriptions.
Edit an existing category by clicking the Edit link to the right of its name/description.
If you choose to add a description, this is what will show on your "Manage my preferences" landing page. If you do not, it will show the category name.
Click Save to update your communication categories.
Add a new communication category
There are two ways an Admin can add a new communication category.
You can do so through the email editor:
- Click the Add New button next to the communication category dropdown.
- In the subsequent popup, type in your new category name (you cannot add a description here, but can edit it later as per above).
- Click Save
Or you can create a new category through your Settings menu:
- Click on the Communication Categories tab.
- Click the Add Category button
- On the subsequent pop up, give your new category a name and description.
Remember that if you do not choose to add a description, the display will default to the name.
- Click Save
From here on, when creating any new email, you will see your updated communication categories in the email builder, to the right of the email subject.
Note that at this time, only firstname.lastname@example.org can delete existing communication categories.
It's important to remember that category descriptions (or names in lieu of a description) are client facing, so make sure they are clean and concise.