Only an Admin can add or edit a communication category.
Edit an existing communication category
To edit an existing communication category, start by navigating to the Settings menu and then click on the Email tab.
Under Communication Categories you will see a list of all current category names and descriptions.
Edit an existing category by clicking in the respective name or description* boxes.
Click Save changes to update your communication categories.
Add a new communication category
There are two ways an Admin can add a new communication category.
You can do so through the email editor:
- Click the Add New button (1).
- On the subsequent popup, type in your new category name (you cannot add a description here, but can edit it later as per above).
- Click Save
Or you can create a new category through your Settings menu:
- Click on the Email tab.
- Under Communication Categories, click the + Add Category link.
- In the newly created box, type in the name and optional description* of the new category.
- Click Save Changes.
* If you choose to add a description, this is what will show on your "Manage my Preferences" landing page. If you do not, it will show the category name.
Note: at this time only the ActivePipe support team can delete existing communication categories.