Contacts can be added to Blacklists by creating or updating Blacklist Rules.
To do this, start by navigating to the Settings menu (1).*
* Blacklists are available in User level and Office-wide accounts. If you are an Admin, you will first need to navigate to the relevant agent's account (i.e: who the contact is assigned to/owned by), or the office-wide account.
- Select the Contacts sub menu (2).
- Within the Contacts sub menu, select the Blacklist tab (3).
- Within the Blacklist tab, you will see your current Blacklist Rules. From here you can choose to either update an existing rule, or create a new rule.
Create a new Blacklist rule
- To create a new rule, select + Add Rule (4).
- Within the New Rule box, click the dropdown to select a relevant Field, for example:
- To exclude a single email from all communications, choose Email Address;
- Or, to exclude a group of contacts that share a common attribute, choose Tag.
- Complete the rule by setting the Condition and Variable, for example:
- For a single contact: Condition = is equal to; Variable = email@example.com (5)
- For a Tag (group of contacts): Condition = Named; Variable = DO NOT SEND.
- Select Update Rules (6) to save the rule and see an updated list of affected contacts.
Important Notes about using Blacklists
If you send emails from both your agent (User) accounts and your office-wide account, It is important to create the Blacklist in both accounts, if you want to ensure that the contact or group does not receive any communications from your office.
To re-iterate, when you add rules to your Blacklist, this will exclude all contacts matching those rules, removing them from all communications from your ActivePipe account.
Where possible, ActivePipe recommends creating Audiences to target specific contacts, rather than relying on your Blacklist to exclude others.
Removing contacts from your Blacklists
If you no longer need to blacklist a contact or group of contacts, you can remove them from your Blacklist by removing the rule that applies to them. Select the DELETE option adjacent to the relevant rule to remove it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.