Where can I find my "From" and "Reply to" details?
Your Sender details can be found by clicking on the more icon within the email editor (1).
Why is my "From Address" different than my actual email / Reply-to Address?
As it's not possible to govern what any user or admin may send from their account, or to confirm the legitimacy of mailing lists, ActivePipe utilises subdomains to send on your behalf, to protect the sending reputation of your primary domain.
In this case you will find that your From Address will differ from your Reply-to Address/actual email.
In having independent 'From' and 'Reply-to' addresses, email content is sent from the subdomain, and responses when a contact clicks "Reply" are sent directly to the users primary email address.*
* If a contact advises that an attempted reply to you bounced, check that they are clicking "Reply" to your email, rather than copying and pasting your "from" address.
What is a subdomain?
A primary domain is usually the main domain name that you have chosen to represent your website address. A subdomain is a sub division of that domain. For example, with sendproperty.activepipe.com
- activepipe.com is the primary domain;
- sendproperty is the subdomain.
A majority of ActivePipe users are currently utilising an ActivePipe hosted primary domain.
Some of these include:
- financemail (.com; .com.au)
- sendsemails (.com; .com.au)
- sendproperty (.com; .com.au; .co.nz)
- propertyemail (.com; .com.au; .co.nz)
Can I send from my primary domain instead?ActivePipe will not have permission to send from your primary domain unless explicitly given, however this is possible. If you have access to the DNS settings of your brand and would like to whitelist us for sending, please contact our support team to enable this for you. *
* Seek approval from your corporate contact first if applicable, as some users have brand wide requirements.
Please sign in to leave a comment.