If you would like to see how an email will look in someone's inbox, you can send yourself, or anyone you prefer, a preview.
To do so, starting in the email editor:
- Create or edit your email.
- Choose Preview (1)
- From the dropdown options, select Send Preview.
- Within the Send a Preview Email options, type in the email address you would like to send to. You can send a preview to more than one email by separating them with a comma.
- Once your recipients are set, select Send Preview
The preview will then be sent to the selected email addresses.
It is important to note that:
- Placeholders like Contact: First name will not populate in a preview send, as previews do not connect to a contact database. To see how the email will look in a "live" send, try sending your email through Quick Send (e.g: just to yourself or a colleague, rather than your full recipient list).
- There is a chance that your preview may land in the recipients spam/junk folder, partly because the placeholders are not populated, and the email subject is denoted as a preview to distinguish it from a live send.
Ask your recipients to check their spam/junk folders if the preview doesn't appear in their inbox shortly after the preview is sent. The recipients can also add the senders email address as a contact in their email client to help prevent it going to spam.