You can easily create a button (or hyperlink) in an ActivePipe email that opens to a pre-filled email in the contacts default mail browser. Here's how:
- Add your button (either within a text/ text and image panel, or a full panel button).
- Add the text you would like to show on the button.
- In the link area, add the details of the email following the structure below:
- To automatically direct the email use: mailto:
- To automatically pre-fill the subject, add: ?subject=
- To automatically pre-fill the copy, add: &Body=
- After each prompt, add the desired destination or content, with no spaces
e.g: mailto:email@example.com?subject=RSVP&Body=I'd love to attend your upcoming event!
- If you want to add a second/CC'ed email address:
- After mailto:, add: ?cc=
- And amend the subject to: &subject=
e.g: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com&subject=RSVP&Body=I'd love to attend your upcoming event!
If you only want to pre-populate the email address, or email and subject, leave the subsequent part/s out.
When a contact clicks on the link, they may be prompted to approve opening their default email client. Please note that ActivePipe does not have control over skipping this approval request.