The unsubscribe reason is denoted on the contact dashboard under General Statistics:
This can be located at a user level by clicking through to a contact page and hovering over the 'Status' panel, Please refer to the key of the possible reasons below:
- Hard Bounce (one strike unsubscribe)- An email we sent to this contact failed to reach their mailbox, this could be the result of an invalid email address, or an email address that no longer exists.
- Soft Bounce (three strike unsubscribe) - An email we sent to this contact reached their mail server, but was undeliverable because their mail server was temporarily down, the email was too large, or their inbox was full.
- Integration/CRM - The contact was unsubscribed via the CRM associated with the agents account.
- Contact - The contact unsubscribed directly via an ActivePipe email.
- Complaint - An email we sent to this contact was marked as ‘Spam’ within their mail client.
- Failed Validation / Bad Email - This contact’s email address was flagged as invalid or non existent by our email validation service.
- Deferred - When we sent an email to this contact, we received an out of office auto-reply and temporarily unsubscribed them to ensure they were not set up to return to an inbox full of ActivePipe emails.
- UI - The contact was unsubscribed manually using the ActivePipe UI.
If you'd like to view these reasons in bulk, while logged into an agent or office account you can download a summary from https://live.activepipe.com/report/contacts/unsubscribed and refer to the 'unsubscribed_reason' column, it's also possible to import or overwrite these reasons by importing a CSV and mapping the column to the 'Unsubscribe Reason' field.
It's possible for contacts to be unsubscribed before you have sent them an email, ActivePipe runs an email validation service on all new contacts to pre-empt potential hard bounces and protect your mailing reputation. If you believe one of your contacts has been unsubscribed in error, simply send an email through to firstname.lastname@example.org including the contacts email address and our team will be able to assist.