To find out the reason an individual contact has been unsubscribed, start by navigating to the Contacts menu.
- Click on the Contact List tab.
- Search for and find the relevant contact.
- Click on the contacts name to go through to their Contact Profile.
Within the Information tab, under General Statistics, you will see the contacts subscription status. Hover your mouse over the status to see more information (1)
A contact may be unsubscribed by reason of:
Hard Bounced: An email sent by ActivePipe to this contact failed to reach their mailbox. This could be due to the email address being invalid, or no longer existing. The contact is unsubscribed on the first instance (one strike unsubscribe).
Soft Bounced: An email sent by ActivePipe to this contact reached their mail server, but was undeliverable. This could be due to the contacts mail server being temporarily down, the email being too large, or the contacts inbox being full. The contact will be unsubscribed after three soft bounces (three strike unsubscribe).
Blocked: ActivePipe was blocked from communicating with the contacts mail server.
Spam Complaint: An email sent by ActivePipe to this contact was marked as ‘Spam’ within their mail client.
* Note: When a contact unsubscribes via a complaint, the email associated with it is unsubscribed brand-wide.
Integration/CRM: The contact was unsubscribed by the CRM integrated with the account.
Archived: During a CSV import, if the Unsubscribe all contacts that are not in this import? box is ticked, the affected contacts are marked as archived.
Contact: The contact unsubscribed directly via an ActivePipe email.
Duplicate: After a contact unsubscribed (as above), any duplicate email records found within the same user account were also unsubscribed.
Manual: The contact was unsubscribed within their ActivePipe profile.
You may also see a status of:
Not subscribed: The contacts email address was flagged as invalid or non existent by our email validation service (previously known as Bad Email)*.
Deferred: When ActivePipe sent an email to this contact, an out of office auto-reply was received. ActivePipe temporarily suspends their subscription to ensure they do not return to an inbox full of ActivePipe emails (see more information here).
Disengaged: The contact's subscription has been suspended by SmartSend, due to lack of engagement.
All unsubscribed contacts
To see all your unsubscribed contacts, start by navigating to your Contacts menu, and then click on the Contact List tab. From here:
- Click the Filters button to add a new filter.
- From the Select New Filter drop down, choose Subscription Status - Email.
- In the condition drop down, choose is equal to.
- In the state drop down, choose Unsubscribed.
- Click Apply Filters
You will then see all contacts that are currently unsubscribed in your account.
To download this list, tick the Select all box (1), and then click the Download link (2).
* It is possible for contacts to be marked as unsubscribed before you have sent them an email. ActivePipe runs an email validation service on all new contacts to pre-empt potential hard bounces and protect your mailing reputation.
If you believe that one of your contacts has been unsubscribed in error, contact email@example.com referencing the contacts email address, and our team will be happy to assist.