ActivePipe allows you to send properties to contacts based on where they live.
The 'Located near contact' checkbox, in the property panel, lets you choose a distance from your contact. If the property isn't within that distance, it will not be sent to that contact.
To send contacts properties from their local area:
- In ActivePipe, open the Emails section.
- Click the Create New Email button or open a saved email.
- In the email builder, drag a property panel tile from the panel library, into the email template.
- Click the toggle feed switch (). This will change the static property panel into a dynamic property panel.
- Click the Define Properties button. A popup window will appear.
- Select the Advanced tab on the popup.
- Select the ‘Located near contact’ checkbox and select an option from the drop list.
- Click the Update button.
How to Set Property Distance
There are three different settings for ‘Located near contact’:
- ‘Same ZIP/ Postcode’: Will send your contact properties that appear in the same ZIP/ postcode as them.
- ‘By Distance’: Will only send your contacts properties within specified distance. Distance is set with kilometres (0.62 miles).
- ‘Same City’: Will only send contacts properties in the same city as them.
What Happens if I don’t have a Contact’s Address?
You can still use the ‘Located near contact’ option even if you don't have every contact’s address.
If you're contact doesn't have a street address attached to it, they will simply not recieve the email.
If you do not have your contact’s address in your database, read about how ActivePipe can help you farm for this information.